Thursday 27 October 2011

Katy Perry’s Costume Secrets

Katy Perry’s Costume Secrets
Katy Perry’s Costume Secrets, With Halloween right around the corner, InStyle turned to costume connoisseur Katy Perry to get her amazing tips on rocking an over-the-top look. From sacrificing sitting for the sake of a dress or finding the perfect red lipstick to top off an outfit, learn the secrets behind Katy Perry’s notorious candyland couture.

Were you able to sit in that incredible carousel dress?

"No, but I didn't need to. I sacrificed my sitting for wearing. It was designed by Manish Arora, and it is one of my favorite dresses ever."


You wear a lot of latex dresses. How do they feel?

"It feels like a giant condom Spanx. A giant dishwashing glove. And when you take it off, you're dripping sweat. The sweat just stays in there because it can't move."
Which fishnets do you swear by?

"Well, I've adopted the Beyoncé leg. When I saw her on tour, she had these glowing legs. And I was like, “How the hell does that bitch have glowing legs?” They’re Wolford Neon 40 tights. I put them on first, and then over them I wear a Capezio fishnet that has been bedazzled. I do lots of layers—I’m like an artichoke.
How did you control that lightup LED dress you wore to the Met gala last year?

"The controller was hidden in my cleavage. The lights were very small. I also had a backup battery pack—at an after-party my lights failed me, so we switched ’em out in the girls bathroom."
What red lipstick is your go-to?

"It's from a company called Nouba. It's very hard to find. The shade is a blue-based red that's got this subtle gold tone. Beyond that, the Russian Red from MAC is amazing." Find it for $14.50 at maccosmetics.com.

Where do all your costumes go after you wear them?

"I have a storage unit at an undisclosed location. The last one that went in was the Smurfette dress. Hopefully we’ll have some fabulous Elton John–type auction some day!"
MSN Beauty & Fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment